Board of Directors
After two years of teaching elementary school, Dr. Lorna McFarland returned to Berkeley and Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania to finish her pre-medical training. Dr. McFarland began her medical school training at the University of California, San Francisco, then completed her residency in pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Clifford Hancock is an obstetrician-gynecologist in Long Beach, California and is affiliated with Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Meharry Medical College and has been in practice for more than 20 years.
Dr. Lemmon McMillan is an anesthesiologist in Los Angeles, California. He received his medical degree from Meharry Medical College and has been in practice for more than 20 years.
• To promote public health and to improve the general welfare of the community with particular emphasis upon minorities and the disadvantaged
• To enhance the quality of medical and dental health services with an emphasis on preventive measures
• To encourage and promote effective and appropriate health education activities for both families and health professionals
• To develop a more cohesive and effective community of health professionals
• To increase access to care
• To encourage and stimulate our youth to become health care professionals
• To be advocates in our comrmmity